TOFU performance / DB format

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 28 15:21:40 CET 2015

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 12:03, aheinecke at intevation.de said:

> point of that. But as it does not really "solve" two way merges imo (as there
> still will be individual conflicts and other data with similar problems) I
> personally don't see that it has enough value to justify having

We should also take in account that pubring.kbx is astlo often updated if
you are using gpgsm.  This is because an S/MIME commonly includes the
public keys and gpgsm imports them.  Some of those key may be expired
after some time but that just adds another update to keyring.kbx).  Now
we could just ignore the S/MIME base but we should also consider that
there are OpenPGP use suggestions which demand that the public key is
send with each message.

A dedicated ~/.gnupg sync system is IMHO better than a limited solution
for just one class of objects.  Fortunately, in the course of the
Gpg4all project we need to look at synchronization issues anyway.

Shalom-Salam,