exclusive vs. shared smart card access

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Sep 17 09:02:59 CEST 2015

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:24, branko at majic.rs said:

> However, if I have used the OpenPGP card at least once (and therefore
> the scdaemon is all up and running), I will not be able to use the
> non-OpenPGP card through the PKCS#11 middleware/interface afterwards.

There are two options:

 1. "gpgconf --kill scdaemon"
    on Unix you may also use
    "pkill scdaemon"

 2. Put "card-timeout 1" int scdaemon.conf and run
      "gpg-connect-agent disconnect /bye"
    if you do not need the OpenPGP card anymore.

The first gives up on the card immediately; the second delays it until
all scdaemon clients have send a disconnect.

Salam-Shalom,