please do not change "Directory Manager" to "Network Maanager"

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Sun Sep 27 15:11:53 CEST 2015

At Sat, 26 Sep 2015 00:03:00 +0200,
Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 06:17, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
>
> > How about "Directory Network Access" or "Network Access Manager" or
>
> Too long for the tab in GPA's backend preferences dialog.  What about
> just "Network Access"?

I don't think Network Access is a good name.  I think we want an
adjective followed by a verb that has been nominalized.  Thus, using
these words, I'd prefer "Network Accessor," but I don't like the sound
of that one.

The directory manager is primary responsible for uploading and
downloading keys and CRLs.  Perhaps, "Key Acquirer" or "Key Manager"
is acceptable. (Both fit the above pattern.)

Neal