Detection of a revocation certificate prior to import

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 13 09:30:27 CEST 2016

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 08:11, patrick at enigmail.net said:

> ... or in other words, if we should not use --list-packets, how else can
> we detect a revocation certificate?

The question is why you want to do this?  Do you want to filter
signatures you are merging into a key?  I can understand that there
might be a need to avoid key-signatures which play havoc with ones key
(Use a keyserver to list on my key) but I can't see a reason not to
merge a self-signature.  You should consider an OpenPGP key a
distributed object with the technical need for regular syncing.

Or do you want to avoid accidental merging of a pre-created revocation
certificate?  In this case I described a way to avoid this.  If that is
not sufficient, I we can make the --dry-run option work for --import so
that you get only the stats.

Salam-Shalom,