WKS enabled for gnupg.net and gnupg.org

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Aug 31 21:04:57 CEST 2016

On Wed 2016-08-31 13:21:45 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:

> Those of you with a gnupg.org or gnupg.net address may now publish their
> key using gpg-wks-client as described in the recent blog post.  I copy
> the instruction below.
>
> Note that gpg-wks-client might be installed in bin/ and not in libexec/.

I'm looking into shipping these tools for debian for those interested,
but we're not shipping them yet.

I see a couple options:

 * rename them as wks-client and wks-server and ship them in a separate
   "wks" binary package for people who are interested

 * add them into the standard "gnupg" package shipped in /usr/bin

 * add them into the standard "gnupg" package shipped in /usr/lib/gnupg
   (where scdaemon lives)

any preferences?

>   An easy way of testing the system exists for [Mutt] and Gnus users: By
>   adding the two lines
>
>   ,----
>   | application/vnd.gnupg.wks; /usr/local/libexec/gpg-wks-client \
>   |    -v --read --send; needsterminal; description=WKS message
>   `----

is there a specific file extension that you want associated with this
mime type?  .wks was used by Microsoft Works for spreadsheets, but maybe
that's far enough in the past that we can ignore it?

I can have the debian package add this to /etc/mailcap automatically if
you think that's a good idea.  Might be a good argument for a separate
wks package if we do that.

    --dkg