Key import on a machine with date moved back

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 2 16:45:59 CET 2016

On Fri,  2 Dec 2016 12:43, alec at alec.pl said:

> So, the question is how can we improve that? In general I'd like to
> import the key-pair as if there were no time issues. Maybe there's a
> command line argument to ignore them?

  --ignore-time-conflict

    GnuPG normally checks that the timestamps associated with keys and
    signatures have plausible values. However, sometimes a signature
    seems to be older than the key due to clock problems. This option
    makes these checks just a warning.  See also --ignore-valid-from for
    timestamp issues on subkeys.