Key import on a machine with date moved back

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Dec 2 15:18:18 CET 2016

On Fri 2016-12-02 06:43:19 -0500, A.L.E.C wrote:
> So, the question is how can we improve that? In general I'd like to
> import the key-pair as if there were no time issues. Maybe there's a
> command line argument to ignore them?
>
> Or maybe it's already fixed/implemented in 2.1?

2.1 does have --ignore-time-conflict, but i agree with you that it might
make more sense to tolerate a "typical" clock skew of a few seconds or
minutes by default.

Perhaps it'd make more sense to have a "tolerate-clock-skew" option that
takes a time value, with some sensible default like 10min.

      --dkg