Key creation problem with 2.1.16

Carola Grunwald caro at nymph.paranoici.org
Tue Dec 6 13:41:20 CET 2016

On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 22:59:05 -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

>On Tue 2016-11-29 18:04:29 -0500, Carola Grunwald wrote:
>> after key creation, which usually succeeds, gpg.exe sometimes returns
>> error number 2, which looks like a bug.
>
>you gave two examples of output, but you didn't mention what specific
>commands you're running.
>
>were you running something like:
>
>   gpg --batch --gen-key < key_gen.cfg
>
>?

I'v attached my application's complete log of the 'gpg.exe' program call
including the command line string ('Application' + ' ' + 'ExeStr') with
the 'Environment' parameter(s) set.

>are you saying that running the exact same command multiple times
>sometimes fails and other times succeeds?

Yes, that's what I wrote.

It's not necessarily a problem with the GenKey code but may rather point
to an unreliable gpg - agent IPC, which, as gpg starts a new agent
instance minutes after processing begins to fail, would also explain the
many orphaned gpg-agent.exe entries in my Task Manager's Processes list.

Kind regards

Caro