Handling a TOFU conflict

Daiki Ueno ueno at gnu.org
Thu Dec 8 10:43:20 CET 2016

"Neal H. Walfield" <neal at walfield.org> writes:

> On Thu, 08 Dec 2016 00:06:26 +0100,
> Werner Koch wrote:
>> On Wed,  7 Dec 2016 22:32, neal at walfield.org said:
>> > As far as I can tell, whether the client uses the "GET_LINE
>> > tofu.conflict" or not, whether to supply the list of conflicting keys
>> > is orthogonal.
>>
>> Yep.  But that is not how GPGME works, which is my primary concern.
>> If EasyPG wants to handle this different, so be it - but changing
>> our interface for this is a no-go.
>
> So, your primary convern is that EPG is using --command-fd while gpgme
> is using --batch.  I think this is reasonable.  Daiki will need to
> decide how he wants to handle this, but I suspect it is a fair amount
> of destabilizing work and won't make it into the next version of
> Debian.

Sorry, I don't actually follow the discussion.  Would you care to
explain how gpgme is handling this?

I have never wanted to diverge epg.el from gpgme, and tried not to
implement any features not supported by gpgme.  Of course, due to some
limitations of Emacs IPC, we sometimes had to use a different mechanism
to communicate with gpg.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno