gnupg-2.1.17 feedback: list of successes

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 22 11:51:11 CET 2016

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 19:34, beebe at math.utah.edu said:
> I've now completed 155 build attempts for gnupg-2.1.17 in our test lab
> on 125+ flavors of Unix(-like) systems.  All of those systems are kept

Thanks for the work you are doing for better portability.

> On the latest DragonFlyBSD 4.7, the build completed, but there were 52
> FAIL reports, so I did not install it.

There is a bug in the test tools which seems to show uop only on 32 bit
systems.  Unfortunately we do not yet have a 32 bit platform in our
jenkins.

> It is disappointing to me that GnuPG 2.1.x development requires
> extremely recent versions of the assuan, gcrypt, gpg-error, ksba, and
> npth libraries. Even the current most-recent STABLE versions of

We decided to do that because 2.1 was anyway a big cut and thus a good
opportunity to get rid of old compatibility code.

> because the npth-1.3 configure script apparently did not figure out
> that -lpthread was needed on those systems.

I created bug 2886 to track this.

Regarding all these build failures: Might they be due to a C99
requirement we now have in dirmngr and wrong flags passed to allow C99
in cc?  It is possible to disable the use of C99 with the
--disable-libdns configure option.

Salam-Shalom,