Secret Sharing in GPG

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:40:37 CET 2016

GNU is participating in Google Summer of Code again this year,
and it can act as an umbrella organization for all of its subprojects:
 - http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/guidelines.html
 - http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2015.html
 - http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/summer-of-code/2016-02/msg00000.html

Can we propose the idea of adding key splitting support as a summer project?
Or maybe it is too difficult for a student to do in 2-3 months? Or maybe
sensitive
programs (like gpg) should not be trusted to the students? What do you
think?

Anyway, it is not clear to me how to proceed, who should submit the project
proposal, etc. But maybe subscribing and asking to this mailing list:
can clarify some questions.

As author of the idea I can volunteer to be a mentor, since I would like
to see this feature implemented. But it definitely needs some other
mentor(s) as well, who know the code and can guide the student,
check the quality of his code, etc.

Salam-Shalom-Peace,
Dashamir