new RFC 7748

Kenneth Benson phoenyx33 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 18:51:18 CET 2016

I don't know how often anyone checks the RFC's, so I thought I'd mention
this one. Titled "Elliptic Curves for Security", it's an informational RFC
that's very interesting. It refers to Curves 25519 and 448 and their
Edwards versions and includes Python code for implementing Scalars
(including test vectors) along with a discussion on usage of the code in
implementing ECDH. Released late last month as far as I can tell. Would
this help with EC implementation in GPG?