weird regressions in 2.1.10 with default-key and local-user options

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Mon Jan 4 12:17:24 CET 2016

Hi,

On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 01:56:58 +0100,
Ximin Luo wrote:
> Minimal test script attached, works against debian gnupg 2.1.10. It will "rm -rf ./lol" so make sure you don't have anything in there. You need to set envvars "k1" and "k2" to the ids of two different secret keys that have the same uids. (Possibly the last condition is not necessary.)
>
> first test: default-key gets ignored completely, silently!!
> second test: local-user gets "applied twice" when given in gpg.conf, resulting in "ambiguity" errors. giving a shorter keyid works, though.

I'm sorry about this.  I added functionality to detect ambiguous keys,
but my implementation was faulty.  Given how invasive this change is,
I've reverted it in git and will resume work on it once we start
development on the 2.3 branch (sometime in the first quarter of 2016).

Nevertheless, thanks for the report!

:) Neal