Environment variables for UPDATESTARTUPTTY of gpg-agent

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Mon Jul 18 08:21:58 CEST 2016

Update:

the  "gnome-keyring hijacked GPG agent" issue under Debian 8 Jessie has
gone (this was expected) after successfully (manually) compiling and
deploying the latest GnuPG 2.1.14 .

It appears to be important that Debian people start supplying the latest
GnuPG version 2.1.14 and stop packaging the 2.0.26.

Am 12.07.2016 um 10:53 schrieb Werner Koch:
>> Recently, I changed the configuration so that gpg-agent is started by
>> systemd.  Then, I encounter this issue:
> You mean 2.0?  Since 2.1 auto starting the agent is the default and I
> don't see why some other software should take part in it.  GnUPG would
> not anymore be self-contained.  Anyway.
The problem is, that Debian 8 (Jessie) still has the 2.0x versions, and not
the 2.1x version, and you get these annoying "gnome-keyring hijacked GPG
agent" issue.

gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.26
libgcrypt 1.6.3

Any idea when this will change, and when the 2.1x will become available
in Debian 8 ?