python bindings for gpgme

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Wed Jun 1 13:44:58 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 12:37:05PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed,  1 Jun 2016 09:38, bernhard at intevation.de said:
>
> > Why did you choose porting pyme over pygpgme?
>
> Ben has been working on this for more than a year (see
> https://git.gnupg.org/gpgme.git) and explained his work on gnupg-devel.
> Challenging this decision now does not seem to be very helpful.

I went back and had another look at pygpgme to see why I didn't choose
that route.  I was reminded very quickly why: it doesn't compile so
well on OS X or, indeed, at all.  I'd have to rewrite bits of it to a
much greater extent.  Plus from the PyPI view it looks a bit abandoned
(that may not actually be the case, but the version on PyPI hasn't
been updated in four years.

Oh, there is a port for it on MacPorts which might work, but it's
Python 2.7 only, so nope.

Regards,
Ben