Stable release of branch 2.1

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:19:34 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Thu,  2 Jun 2016 12:43, dashohoxha at gmail.com said:
>
> > How far is the branch 2.1 from a stable release?
>
> it is not just stable, but modern!  Go and use it.

I am using it, but we have to convice the major distributions
(Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu) that it is stable. Being "modern"
is good, but it doesn't mean anything to them. We have to
say explicitly that it is "stable".

To my understanding, stable means that there are no new
features and no interface changes. All new development
is being done on another branch, and this one is frozen,
except for bug fixes.
Are we there yet? That is, are all the planned/intended features
and improvements implemented already?

Peace,
Dashamir