Request for Discussion: new/PubKeyDistributionConcept/FallbackServer

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Tue Jun 14 21:28:02 CEST 2016

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 20:36:53 +0200,
Werner Koch wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 20:29, neal at walfield.org said:
>
> >   https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/mailman/private/coniks/2015-May/000000.html
>
> Huh?  Subscriber only archive.

Since the message is hardly private and it is easy enough to get at
it, here it is:

[coniks] Hello from Google
Gary Belvin gdb at google.com
Mon May 4 13:26:53 EDT 2015

This is just a friendly introduction message.
I'm Gary, I'm on the Google security team, building CONIKS as part of
Google's End to End project.  https://github.com/google/end-to-end

The hope is to have an open source docker version of CONIKS at some point
so other people can participate easily at-scale.

Handling identities for domains that don't have a CONIKS server, and
properly transitioning trust when domains go up and down are open questions
that need work.

Best,
Gary Belvin