keys.mailvelope.com (Re: Request for Discussion: new/PubKeyDistributionConcept/FallbackServer)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jun 28 17:16:03 CEST 2016

Hi Trankred,

Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2016 00:11:33 schrieb Tankred Hase:
> I saw the discussion and thought I'd share what we've built in the past few
> weeks for Mailvelope. It's a very simple key server that borrows from
> Signal to allow TOFU m/automatic key lookup. No key transparency included:
>
> https://keys.mailvelope.com

thanks for sharing your work!

I gave it a brief look.
Is my understanding good that you don't do a crypto challenge
to check for the ownership of secret key.

How did you consider privacy issues (like people in Germany demanding that you
delete their personal information) or spam?

Is this going to be like I first thought about a fallback server, so can I
take this as a statement that Mailvelope is going to implement
https://wiki.gnupg.org/EasyGpg2016/PubkeyDistributionConcept ? :)

Best Regards,
Bernhard
--