Only grab keyboard when line edits have focus in pinentry (qt)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jun 29 10:22:22 CEST 2016

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2016 17:08:22 schrieb Daniel Kahn Gillmor:
>  b) user confusion about window focus (e.g. typing your password into
>     your chat client by accident when you think you're typing in your
>     pinentry)

How does that happen in detail?
Are you refering to the following case:
You start typing in the pinentry and after the third key you have pressed,
a new, different window pops up and the fourth key goes to that window?

Or is it:
You see the pinentry, but your keyboard focus is elsewhere, so you start
typing, but the first key goes to the other window (which still had the
focus).

>  i think it might lose something for use case (b).
>  Maybe other people don't care
> about use case (b); if so, that's fine.  For myself, i often have enough
> things running concurrently (and can become sufficiently distracted)
> that global kbd grab probably saves me from making that particular
> mistake about once or twice a month.

Bernhard
--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3