is Gnupg.org's git server down?

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Thu Mar 10 07:50:00 CET 2016

On 2016-03-08 at 12:08 -0500, Brian Minton wrote:
> $ git clone git://git.gnupg.org/gnupg.git
> Cloning into 'gnupg'...
> fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
>
> I tried from two different clients with the same results.

Daily automatic pulls (03:49 UTC + random seconds) hit a snag on Sunday,
I remember investigating either Sunday or Monday and the problem was
gone, I could pull all the repos I mirror.  That was:
  gnupg-doc  gpa  gpg4win  gpgex

The updates starting Tuesday morning have completely failed on all
gnupg.org repos which I mirror:

  geam gnupg gnupg-doc gpa gpg4win gpgex gpgme gpgol gsti libassuan
  libgcrypt libgpg-error libksba npth ntbtls pinentry pinentry-qt poldi
  scute tgpg wk-misc

My mirror is for personal use, not guaranteed to be available, should
not be put in any install systems as a backup, yada yada, but if you
need the repos right now, they're at:

  https://git.spodhuis.org/gnupg.org/

My mirroring also snapshots the before/after state of the heads etc, so
while corruption will propagate, I can roll back to the old ref if ever
needed, to recover.

-Phil