How to silence gpg-agent?

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:59:09 CET 2016

Hi,

I am writting some wrapper shell scripts around gpg, trying to make it a
bit more user-friendly for beginners: https://github.com/dashohoxha/egpg
I have a problem that time after time I get output like this, which is
somewhat unrelated to the operation performed and a bit confusing:

----------
gpg: checking the trustdb
gpg: 3 marginal(s) needed, 1 complete(s) needed, PGP trust model
gpg: depth: 0  valid:   1  signed:   3  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 1u
gpg: depth: 1  valid:   3  signed:   0  trust: 2-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 1f, 0u
gpg: next trustdb check due at 2017-01-05

I believe that it comes from gpg-agent. I have tried to silence it, using
the option '--quiet', but it seems not to work. Any idea what else I can
try?

Thanks,
Dashamir