[Announce] GnuPG 2.1.12 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 6 11:01:30 CEST 2016

On Wed,  4 May 2016 21:43, guilhem at fripost.org said:

> key (for instance with ‘clean’ or ‘adduid’) to execute that code.  As I
> argued in [msg7913] (where I proposed a fix), it's desirable to have the
> ‘check’ save the reordered key too.

It is a lot of new code and fear that we have introduced bugs which may
inhibit the users ability to import certain keys.  Thus I asked Neal to
run this code only from --edit-key for now.  As soon as we have some
real world experience we will run it during import as well.

Note that --edit-key will always run the code for self-signatures in any
case.  A warning will be printed if errors where found to remind the
user to give the check command.

Salam-Shalom,