Using loopback pin entry with GnuPG 2.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 4 21:25:45 CET 2016

On Fri,  4 Nov 2016 20:14, vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk said:

> I did that, with no difference. After running my failed tests, I did

I am sorry, but I do not have enough information what you are doing.  If
you need help, please describe exactly what you are doing (including the
version of the software and the OS).  You might have given that in
another mail, but I can't remember.

> $ ps -ef | grep gpg-agent | grep -v grep

    ps -ef | grep gpg-agen[t]

is easier ;-)  or "pgrep -l gpg-agent" if the pids are sufficient

> I don't understand what invokes the additional gpg-agent
> invocations. The watchgnupg program only connects to the first agent
> (process 1863 above).

The agent connects to the socket watchgnupg is listening on.  All agents
configured to use that socket will be showsn by watchgnupg.  note tah if
you used

  log-file socket://

the used socket depends on the current GNUPGHOME.  To direct all log
messages to a single watchgnupg use something like

  log-file socket:///tmp/S.my-gnupg-log

and run

  watchgnupg --time-only --force /tmp/S.my-gnupg-log

Shalom-Salam,