Using loopback pin entry with GnuPG 2.1

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 13:23:53 CET 2016

Dear Werner,

>> As I mentioned in my post, the allow-loopback-pinentry option has
>> already been specified in gpg-agent.conf. As to the version of GnuPG

> Not in the version of the agent you are running.  Look at the log
> message:

$ gpg-agent --version
gpg-agent (GnuPG) 2.1.11
libgcrypt 1.6.5

That's the version that's running, and gpg-agent.conf is in ~/.gnupg and /home/vinay/projects/python-gnupg/keys - which seem to be the only two relevant locations.

Is the code you posted from 2.1.11, or a more recent version?

Regards,

Vinay Sajip