packaged gpg 2.1.x can't retrieve any keys from keyservers.. is there any upstream fix or progress?

lists at ssl-mail.com lists at ssl-mail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:45:13 CET 2016

I've lost track of where the end of any thread on this is :-/

At the moment, none of our package-installed GPG 2.1.x are able to retrieve keys.

It's causing lots of grief here.  I need to decide whether to remove/blacklist it from all our machines, or rollback to some working version, etc.

What's the status on the bug

gpg 2.1.15, *no* keyservers found for submit/recv, "DNS query returned an error or no records: No such domain (nxdomain)"
https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2745

?

I've tried to provide every bit of requested info so far.  If there's more needed let me know exactly what.