gpgme 1.7.2 release?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Nov 15 08:33:57 CET 2016

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 02:28, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> is gpgme in a releasable state?  it would be nice for me to get a 1.7.2
> release formalized that includes the python pyme→gpg module name change.

Andre implemented the gpgme_set_sender interface for cpp and Qt
yesterday and thus we are ready for a release.  But wait, let me first
checkout our session key patches.

> the debian freeze is fast approaching, and i would like to make sure
> that we get this package name change into the next release of debian.

Okay.  I'll do a gpgme release today and only then gnupg 2.1.16 (which
we urgently need despite of the bugs given that the 2.15 is 3 months
old).

Salam-Shalom,