python-gnupg uses "gpg --with-fingerprint --with-colons FILENAME" -- is this supported?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Oct 4 20:50:34 CEST 2016

fwiw, the scan_keys() function in python-gnupg isn't actually used by
anything in debian which depends on python-gnupg, according to:

    https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=scan_keys&perpkg=1

so from debian's overall system perspective, we could just go with this
"solution", as sad as it is:

On Tue 2016-10-04 14:41:41 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>  * an unsupported mode for programmatic use, since the behavior will
>    vary depending on the contents of FILENAME (thus making it a bug that
>    python-gnupg even tries to use this)?

This might make some people sad who are relying on this python API for
their private code, however.  Does PyME have a mechanism that would
perform the same functionality?

     --dkg