scdaemon (possible?) lockup

Fabio Coatti fabio.coatti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:40:39 CEST 2016

In data mercoledì 5 ottobre 2016 16:32:02 CEST, NIIBE Yutaka ha scritto:
> On 10/05/2016 04:07 PM, Fabio Coatti wrote:
> > Given that, a try would be to look a the code of scd to check the
> > behaviour
> > when an error occurs and if the error state can be exited in some way, and
> > look at timeouts/retries to read the card.
>
> Yes.
>
> > 1. for some reason, when scd enters the "card error status" he can't
> > get off until reloaded.
>
> Perhaps related somehow, scdaemon had a bug about card removal
> handling.  It was fixed in:
>
>     f9e49c80e706a27d5e30d4b3237ff26367a67130
>     Author:     NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org>
>     AuthorDate: Sat Sep 3 15:27:30 2016 +0900
>
> It will be included in the next release (2.1.16).

I will be happy to test it, maybe when the new version will be ready or even
before, if I find the time to install it.

> I don't know how the power management of the card reader works.  If
> it's in USB layer (it causes USB error), I think that scdaemon can
> detect an error correctly.  If it's card communication layer, it is
> likely something wrong may happen with scdaemon in version 2.1.15, and
> the scdaemon continues until reload.
>
> Are there any specification or explanation about the power management of
> the reader?

I'm a bit out of my groud here, anyway I can provide the lsusb -v output (it
is a USB device) and also perform some debug, maybe looking at scdaemon/agent
debug logs... or some other USB debugging, if this can be useful.

--
Fabio