begging for pyme name change

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 18 11:40:28 CEST 2016

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 06:49, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> A few of these are great concrete requests.  Have you tried asking for
> them explicitly?  Opening a ticket at https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg
> requesting, for example, a separate and distributable windows build of
> gpgme.dll seems like it would be a good step.

It has bee re-iterated a hundred times over the last decade: We support
only cross-building from POSIX systems.  This software is about freedom
and thus we try hard to avoid any proprietary stuff.  However, it is all
free software and anyone can go and build it with Microsoft stuff or
whatever - but they should not expect that we will be willing to help
with such a task.

The GnuPG 2.1 installer for Windows comes with the latest GPGME DLL
along with header and import files.

> files (or whatever they're using these days?  it's been years since i've
> used VS myself).

Same here.  We once bought a Visual Studio thing during the port of
GnuPG to Windows CE 3 - it was however only used in a prototype system
due to problems with other software, namely out KMail port.  The
availabale gcc worked fine for GnuPG itself.

Shalom-Salam,