proposal python-gnupg2

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Oct 20 03:16:11 CEST 2016

On Wed 2016-10-19 03:22:03 -0400, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Even if we would go with "python-gpgme", we would need to do add
> a major version number to it like "python-gpgme2" and "python3-gpgme2",
> because of the different API.

If we manage to support the same API as the original python module, as i
suggested upthread (and as James suggests downthread), then i see
nothing wrong with keeping python-gpgme.  That's some work to do, but it
doesn't seem like it would necessarily be an outrageous amount of work
to do.  We do need to find someone to do it, though.

   --dkg