begging for pyme name change

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Oct 28 23:08:07 CEST 2016

On Fri 2016-10-28 16:22:27 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> What do folks think of claiming the name "gpg" in the python module
> namespace (and in the PyPI source namespace) as a way forward?  I can
> provide a patch if people think that's the right thing to do.

fwiw, the patch is available on the pyme-to-python-gpg branch of my
gitlab repo: https://gitlab.com/dkg/gpgme

In particular, this is the relevant commit:

    https://gitlab.com/dkg/gpgme/commit/efebaeb91c667940aa39c77dab75864a7ec8a9ae

If you're interested, you can do the following from your gpgme local
copy:

     git remote add dkg https://gitlab.com/dkg/gpgme
     git checkout pyme-to-python-gpg

The tests all pass, and the module appears to be sensibly named.

If any gpgme developers think this is worth doing, please go ahead and
claim the "gpg" name on pypi, and you're welcome to merge my patch.

If you think this is not a good idea, i'd be happy to hear why as well.

Regards,

        --dkg