export-filters act on subkeys?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Sep 5 09:58:27 CEST 2016

On Mon,  5 Sep 2016 01:22, gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org said:

> So I need to be able to easily export my key with filtered subkeys, so
> that I get newer RSA subkeys out there, even while not able to use the
> ed25519/cv25519 subkeys.

Does this sound okay:

  gpg --export --export-filter drop-subkey='key_algo!=1 && key_algo!=17'

which will remove all subkeys except those which are RSA or DSA.  You
may also use

  key_created > SOMETIMESTAMP

or (note, new operator)

  key_created_d -lt 2016-09-05

to drop all subkeys created before today.

> It seems that the sanest way to do this, which would ease migration for
> most users, would be to extend `--export-filter` (and `--import-filter`)

Right now only for export filter.  We eventually need to to unify those
filters.

Salam-Shalom,

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */