Add option for scdaemon to open smart card in non-exclusive mode

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 14 08:37:30 CEST 2016

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 03:18, uri at mit.edu said:

> What I am asking for: add a configuration option that would tell
> scdaemon to open the token in non-exclusive (shared) mode. Keep it off
> by default. But those who (like me) have need to use multi-applet
> tokens, would be able to have a smooth workflow.

An option would be possible but we would state that this is an
unsupported hack.  Scdaemon caches the state of the card and we have
found no way in PC/SC to get a notification from other applications
doing anything with the card.

OTOH, we would be glad to help you implementing the host side part of
that tokend in scdaemon, so that it can be used by all kind of software.
Note that we have a PCKS#11 interface on top of scdaemon and scdaemon
also provides a direct APDU level access to the card.

Shalom-Salam,