[HEAD] typos in doc/

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Sep 21 02:22:20 CEST 2016

On 09/21/2016 01:05 AM, Ineiev wrote:
>> In this context, "abbreviation" specifically refers to GnuPG's
>> handling of partial string match, which is not applicable to "--help",
>> "--version" or "--dump-options".  (While short options are available.)
>> Other options can be "abbreviated", for example, --list-secret-keys
>> can be --list-sec.
>
> I believe this is not documented; if this is the case, it would be
> great if it were.

I agree.  I think that it is not documented in GnuPG manual itself,
perhaps because of historical reason.

Please note that it's a common feature of GNU packages.  When long
option (such that --long-options, with double dashes) was introduced
by GNU, it came with the feature of allowing partial string.

Although GnuPG's option handling is a bit different than general GNU
packages (the order matters), allowing partial string is same.