Unknown algorithm 22

Jeffrey Stedfast jestedfa at microsoft.com
Sun Apr 2 02:16:05 CEST 2017

Hey all,

I’m working on writing my own program to fetch unknown pgp keys that has its own pgp packet reader.

The problem I’m facing is that a few of the keys (including Werner’s!) that I’ve been trying to test against have an unknown public key algorithm (id #22) that I can’t find *any* information on. Since everyone that has this problem with their keys uses gnupg, I’m wondering if it’s some sort of gnupg-specific algorithm?

For example, these 2 key ids both have subkey packets with said unknown algorithm:

24ECFF5AFF68370A
4F0540D577F95F95

I thought this was just a bug in my code, but gpg –list-packets also shows unknown algorithm 22 (and in Werner’s case, unknown algorithm 18 as well – altho that is supposedly EC – I guess gpg 2.0.30 doesn’t support that algorithm).

Thanks,

Jeff