unknown critical bit

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 3 08:56:46 CEST 2017

> Looking at can_handle_critical in parse-packet.c, we see that
> SIGSUBPKT_REVOC_REASON is not considered to be supported with respect
> to the critical bit.

That is the first time such an issue was reported.  I am a bit taken
aback to learn that this implementation did not test against gpg.
Anyway, I just committed

    gpg: Handle critical marked 'Reason for Revocation'.

    * g10/parse-packet.c (can_handle_critical): Add
    SIGSUBPKT_REVOC_REASON.
    --

    Some software seems to mark that subpacket as criticial.  Although gpg
    has no special treatment for a revocation reasons (except for

to master to go into 2.1.20.

Salam-Shalom,