unknown critical bit

Vincent Breitmoser look at my.amazin.horse
Thu Apr 6 16:11:11 CEST 2017

Hi,

thanks for bringing this to our attention!  Interesting that this never
came up before.  We do indeed set the critical flag for the reason for
revocation subpacket, for no good reason.

A related question came up when we looked at our implementation: We set
the reason as NO_REASON, with an empty string. Dominik says he included
the packet for compatibility reasons, but we can't remember the
specifics at this point.

We could now either set the flag to false, or drop the subpacket
altogether. I have no strong preference, would probably just drop the
critical bit to change as little as necessary. Any thoughts?

 - V

ilf(ilf at zeromail.org)@Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 09:41:51PM +0200: