Follow-up to Crashes with gpg-agent 2.1.18

Matthew Summers matthew.summers at syapse.com
Fri Apr 21 17:27:24 CEST 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:19 PM, NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> wrote:

> Thank you for your information.
>
> GnuPG doesn't use nettle and glib, so, I wonder if it's related.
>
> Recently, after 2.1.20, I fixed a race in gpg-agent, which is
> possible to cause double free (and crash).
>
>     https://dev.gnupg.org/T3027
>
> This may be related.

That explanation in https://dev.gnupg.org/T3027#95879 sounds very
accurate based on what I have seen. I'll give the patch a shot!

The dependency chain for nettle is via gnutls, though I admit to not
attempting to identify what dependency that might be. As far as glib,
I am not sure why I thought that may be involved somehow ... maybe a
socket routine or something. I apologize for incompleteness here, I
have been time limited in debugging this issue as thoroughly as I
would like to.

Thanks!
MattS