Bridging the airgap

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Mon Aug 7 13:38:09 CEST 2017

> On 7 Aug 2017, at 13:28, Neal H. Walfield <neal at walfield.org> wrote:
….snip...
> to do anything advanced with the cards.)  But, I think it would be
> great if the smartcards at least had enough information to recovery
> the public key.  I've added Achim Pietig in cc.  Perhaps he can
> comment on whether it is possible to add it to the spec.

Yes - we find it useful.

As this lets us extend the expiry of cards with relative ease - while keeping the compliance and infosec load managable (airgapped, not having to argue you do not have broad footprint, and with an `axiomatic’ need to have the thing (3 subkeys) that crossed the airgap already have cross that gap already).

Dw.