gpgme-1.8.0 does not build on Mac OS X

Justus Winter justus at g10code.com
Tue Feb 7 11:36:11 CET 2017

"Robert J. Hansen" <rjh at sixdemonbag.org> writes:

>> It turns out that gpgme-1.8.0 does not build on Mac OS X (tested only on
>> Sierra 10.12.2 with Xcode 8.2), but 1.7.0 does.
>
> Known bug, but thank you for the report.  :)
>
> https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2910

Yes, this pops up again and again.  On our build server we do exactly
what Jeffrey suggested, and we could just do it in our configure
scripts, like we set _GNU_SOURCE on glibc systems.  The problem is
mostly that we have little experience with the Apple environment, and
did not feel confident about just doing that.  But I guess we should
just do that.  Thoughts?

Justus