release notes on website?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 4 18:52:38 CET 2017

On Tue,  3 Jan 2017 18:04, ilf at zeromail.org said:
> It seems the website has no release notes of current releases.

I have updated https://gnupg.org/download/release_notes.html with the
release notes from master.  This also includes links to most
announcement mails.

The URLs are not final: I plan to split the page so that we have
separate pages for each project and major branch.  This will allow to
have stable URLs like

  https://gnupg.org/download/news-gnupg.html#gnupg-2.1.17

> Werner: Do you think the release process could include an update to
> those sites? If not, do we want to remove those websites and instead

My plan is to let the web builder script fetch the NEWS and render it
into HTML.  The basic render script is already there but may need some
updates for the NEWS of Libgcrypt and GPGME.

Salam-Shalom,