please include --hidden-recipients in gpgme

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Mar 21 10:53:13 CET 2017

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 22:36, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> But there appears to be no way to include a list of hidden recipients
> (in the sense of gpg's --hidden-recipient option).

I looked at this several times in the past but there is no easy
solution.  A function to set "processing" flags to a key object might do
the job but this is has the possible problem that those processing flags
would then always be used by all context working on that key object.

> I considered the possibility of adding a flag that forces all recipients
> to be hidden, but i think that --throw-keyids is too coarse of a hammer.

I implemented a THROW_KEYIDS flag anyway because it is easy enough and
might be useful for some applications.

> headers (though it is important to be able to hide the keyIDs of the
> recipients who are listed in Bcc during message composition).

That still gives the count of BCCed recipients and thus I think it is
better to use separate encryption for BCC mails.

Salam-Shalom,