2.1.19 testing failures on the debian build daemons

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Mar 21 22:06:39 CET 2017

On Tue 2017-03-21 16:52:32 -0400, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> On 03/21/2017 09:46 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> If anyone has a suggestion for how to handle this corner case, i'm all
>> ears.
>
> Throw an error and point to part of documentation for how to use
> %Assuan% socket= redirection?

When would this happen?  During an attempt to start up such a daemon?
During an attempt to communicate with such a daemon?  I agree that
explicit error messages with suggestions for how to help are better than
failing cryptically, but we need to think about where the error comes
from and how it gets to the user.

     --dkg