2.1.19 testing failures on the debian build daemons

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 22 08:02:42 CET 2017

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 05:21, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> Putting this in rc.local won't fix the situation where there's a chroot
> (which is the case for many debian build daemons, and probably other

Setting up a chroot or jail is a complex operation and adding something
to rc.local is not different than to make sure the required devices and
tools are all accessible.  Think /dev/random, /etc/hosts etc.

> The trouble with /tmp is figuring out which directory to use.  If
> $GNUPGHOME itself is in /tmp, that's one thing -- the env var itself

That is right.  However, we are talking about GnuPG's test suite, aren't
we?

For other software using

  GNUPGHOME=/tmp/$mydir gpg-agent --daemon testshell

is suitable approach.

Shalom-Salam,