[gpgme] python3.4 codegen of gpg/gpgme.py is corrupted

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:45:48 CEST 2017

On 29 March 2017 at 13:33, Justus Winter <justus at g10code.com> wrote:

> Yes it is.  This is a type hint.
>
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0484/
>
> The pep suggests it is fully implemented in Python3.5, but the
> documentation for Python3.4 suggests that this particular annotation is
> supported too:
>
> https://docs.python.org/3.4/reference/compound_stmts.html#function-definitions
>
> Are you actually having a problem or did it just look weird to you?

OK, I was not aware that python2, python3 should generate a different
code, so I hit a problem with detection of correct version and trying
to compile using python2 what python3 generate. I will hack this
somehow, but root cause is the fact that these files are written into
sources directory while they are actually build artifacts. This
relates to our other thread.

Thanks for the help!