Change in behaviour for invalid crypto engine

Avram Lubkin aviso at rockhopper.net
Thu May 11 00:22:29 CEST 2017

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net>
wrote:

> fwiw, gpgme itself ships a python binding (named "gpg") as part of
> 1.8.0.  that binding is maintained upstream, and you're probably better
> off in the long term using it instead of pygpgme.

Thanks for the response. I wasn't aware gpgme was including
language-specific bindings. I'll have to make sure the functionality
matches, but it does seem like a good long term strategy. I had been
concerned about the lack of updates from pygpgme.

That said, that won't be something I can tackle in the near future.
Assuming there are no issues, in addition to integration with my code, I
(or someone else) would need to make Fedora/EPEL RPMs available. I write
3rd party enterprise software, so any 3rd party libraries need to be
provided by Red Hat/Centos or Fedora/EPEL. It looks like neither the gpg or
pyme python packages are available as RPMs.

Avram