[GNUPG HEAD] sqlite3 compatibility issue

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu May 18 14:59:06 CEST 2017

On Thu 2017-05-18 08:50:21 -0400, Ineiev wrote:

> GnuPG doesn't build with sqlite 3.7.9 because it has
> no sqlite3_errstr ().

sqlite3 3.7.9 is positively ancient.  even debian oldstable has 3.7.13.

why should we support such an old version of this library?  I'd imagine
there are sqlite3 security problems that have been fixed since the
release of 3.7.9 (though i haven't dug in that project's archives to
verify).

I'd rather not add compatibility cruft just to support people who
are still running a broken library and really should upgrade.

    --dkg