Proposal with patch: Make socket directory host dependent

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sat Nov 18 00:28:01 CET 2017

On Thu 2017-11-16 17:31:01 +0100, Rainer Perske wrote:
> Unfortunately I cannot use /run/user/(userid) because it is maintained
> by systemd and in my webmailer situation it can be deleted even if the
> agent is still running. (systemd does not know anything about the
> sessions of a webmailer.)

I'm not convinced this response makes much sense.  Why *wouldn't* the
system's service manager (systemd, in your case) be unaware of webmailer
sessions?

What is your webmail configuration doing that it is switching to a new
user session, but deliberately avoiding registering that user session
with the local system service manager?

Fixing this problem at the GnuPG layer seems like an odd approach.

       --dkg