RFC: retry keyservers witout SRV

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Tue Nov 21 14:48:30 CET 2017

On 11/21/2017 02:27 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> I have a R6300v2 which after a firmware upgrade it seems it now replies to SRV
> queries for _pgpkey-https and others as a "format error". I've captured tcpdumps
> for it and are on file.

My $0.02 would be that a format error for SRV request is that should be
fixed in the DNS resolver (or use another resolver) and not introduce
complexity to work around, in particular as long as it isn't a
widespread issue.

Are you aware of any bug reports for this with netgear?

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand