Release gpgme-1.10.0?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 24 12:01:05 CET 2017

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:27, wlt-ml at o-sinc.com said:

> The EFL one likely can run on Windows as well. I have no information to

Sure, as do the GTK and Qt Pinentries.  However with the plain GnuPG
installer for Windows I do not want to include large sets of libraries
just for one simple GUI program.  The policy here is to build everything
From scratch and distribute all source code.  Building the GTK or EFL
libraries will also take much longer than the whole rest of the
installer.  This is why I was looking into FLTK - it can be linked
statically with pinentry and there should be a way to strip the required
code down.

We could also improve the simple Windows Pinentry we currently include
in the installer.  But doing GUI work on Windows without any framework
is like working on plain X with maybe the Athena widget set.

Has anyone experience with the IUP toolkit (iup.sourceforge.net)?  It
somehow looks like a GTK+ clone but using native widgets.

Salam-Shalom,